Monday, September 7, 2009

Four Weeks 7 Sep 2009

At this stage my knee is noticeably less swollen. Over the last week I wasn’t wearing the tubi-grip and I spent a lot of time at my desk and on my feet during work. I noticed at the end of those days that my leg was retaining fluid below the knee so where my sock was there was a noticeable dip. Therefore, over the last few days I started wearing the tubigrip again and that went away.

My knee is feeling much more normal at this stage even though I can’t fully lock it yet. I am able to bend to 175 degrees, only 5 more degrees to go for a full bend! It no longer feels odd to lift my foot up backwards while standing so in the unfortunate event of stepping in dog poo I shouldn’t have any trouble checking my shoe... I started climbing stairs to my apartment during the week and that doesn’t seem to cause any pain.

Over the last week I noticed pulling in my knee when I had my knee fully locked (at least as far as I can go at this stage) and then I tried to bend it. Almost like the ACL was getting stretched. It wouldn’t happen if I didn’t fully extend my leg and it didn’t happen every time I did. However, over the last few days that feeling has happened less and less.

The physio wants me to continue with my exercises for another week before I get into the biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!