Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Six Weeks 21 September 2009

I saw the physio on Tuesday last week and he told me I was ready to start biking 40 min / day and running for short periods as well. The only problem is I have been too busy with work to go for a ride until Saturday. When I finally did go for a ride it went well, at least until I was riding up a steep skinny laneway that had block-outs at the end, the ones were you have to make two very sharp turns to get through on a bike. I was in too high of a gear and didn’t have enough momentum to get up the hill and started to fall. I put my left foot down hopping along and then decided I didn’t want to put that kind of pressure on my knee so I just let myself fall over. The only problem was that I landed right on my phone which was in my back pocket. I dented the phone and had a huge bruise on my ass for the next few days. The phone didn’t break though!

Otherwise, the leg feels great! It is starting to really feel normal, now I just need to build my thigh muscles back up again so I can regain my confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!