Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 1 - 11 Aug 2009

In the morning the nurse took my brace off and also changed the dressings on my leg. Short after the physio came around and told me to ice my knee non-stop and put on a compression bandage on my knee. She also gave me my exercises, quad flexing, hamstring stretch & knee bending. I tried the bending and it felt so good to do after a night of being braced! She showed me how to use the crutches and told me to put as much weight as comfortable on my leg, the more the better.

When I left the hospital I noticed that putting weight on my knee didn’t hurt at all. I could bend the knee when I walked but only about ½ or what I normally would. I was using the crutches for support but I was putting at least 75% weight on the leg. I made my way home and tried to stay on the couch.

I iced the leg most of the day but I felt pretty good. It didn’t hurt to stand up so I cooked some dinner and did some chores around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!