Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 4 - 14 Aug 2009

Today I started to get a lot of pain in my shin where they drilled through the bone and attached the LARS with a titanium screw. It felt like I had an infection and was starting to throb, especially when I stood up. It was also very red right around the swollen bump.

I pretty much was limited to the couch because of the shin pain. I kept doing exercises religiously and found I could bend my knee to about 110 degrees.

I was worried about the shin and had infection in my mind. I called the surgeon who was out of town but the nurse told me to see a GP. The GP told me I did in fact have an infection and gave me antibiotics. They also took the dressings off and re covered the wound for me.

It didn’t hurt to stand or walk except for the throbbing in my shin. Also, when I stood for a while I could feel my whole knee getting more swollen. I would use my crutches if I went outside but around the house I didn’t use them as I could walk OK without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!