Thursday, August 27, 2009

One Week - 17 Aug 2009

The surgeon called and wanted me to come in so they could see how bad my infection was. I still had massive shin pain so I dosed up on ibuprofen before I went to see him.

When you get the hamstring graft they tell you not to drive to 6 weeks. They didn’t tell me when I could or couldn’t drive but I didn’t think I would be driving yet. However, it seemed easier to drive then to take the train / tram all the way to his office across town. I have a manual so I got into the car and tried out the clutch to see if it hurt. I didn’t have any pain so I was happy to be a bit more mobile again and off I went.

The doctor looked at my leg and said I didn’t have any infection. It was normal bruising and it happens all the time when people think they have any infection and the GP gives them antibiotics. I forgot to mention to him that I had a fever as well that calmed when the antibiotics kicked in but I guess the jury is still out as to whether I had an infection or not... If I did I caught it early, if I didn’t, oh well...

After the doctor I went to the store and walked around a bit. It was a bad move because my knee got very tired, hot and swollen. It was worth it though because I was so sick of the couch.
The rest of the day I rested up and i was able to get my knee to about 120 degrees. The quad tensions were getting easier as well, but I still can’t lift my heel off the ground when I do the stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!