Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 16 - 26 August 2009

I can walk and stand without the swelling increasing in my knee or thigh or shin. I had no problem at work all day, although I still put the leg up on the desk when I was sitting. Sitting with the leg bent for a long time is still uncomfortable. I am starting to have a little bit of pain under the knee cap near the bottom when I walk, but only sometimes.

I went to my new physio and got new exercises that will help me strengthen the quad again. He told me that the knee pain is because my quad is weak and my knee cap is being pulled too far in one direction by other muscles. He said my new exercises will correct that. I told the physio I wanted to get onto the bike (at least the exercise bike) as soon as possible. My secret personal goal is in two weeks from today.

I am starting to walk a bit faster now but I still have a little limp at normal or fast pace. I can walk slowly without a limp and I am trying to take my time as much as possible.

I am able to bend my knee to 150 degrees. I have been icing about 4 times a day, morning, lunch and after work and before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!