Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two Weeks - 24 August 2009

Today I was going back to work full time. When I woke up it was the first day when standing didn’t obviously increase the swelling when I was wearing the tubigrip. It felt great to be able to walk around!

I had my follow up appointment with the surgeon and he took the bandages off. He said the knee looked great and told me to ditch the crutches. He said I should keep wearing the tubigrip to reduce swelling and to ice 3 -4 times a day. He referred me to a physio near my house.
Walking around was tiring but my knee swelling didn’t increase. I started working on going down the stairs as that was the hardest part, going up was easy! It is really nice to have the bandages off as my knee felt much more normal. As for the scars, things were healing well and the doctor said I can get the wounds wet.

I was able to bend my knee to about 140 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!